The adults lounge is exactly that. A place where the kids are not supposed to be, so us grown up's can have a life and chill out too! Well, that normally is the idea. However today, the adults lounge has been overtaken by Adam, because he does not want to watch Jordan's DVD with her. He wants to watch his own DVD.
I chuckle seeing Jordan curled up on her couch watching a movie about a horse called " Flicker" and Adam curled up on my couch watching kiddies Star Wars.
Girls will be girls and boys will be boys.
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
I am really struggling right now with one of my kids. We just seem to be clashing over everything and its so discouraging. It was even hard to pray as my heart was so hard with anger. Now that I am calmer, ( I have been meditating on Gods word on hope and peace), I have the strength to pray scriptures over the kids, and to start "circling" them again with God's word.
The Bible is full of verses which express His will for your kids and His plans for them both in this life and in the life to come. Let me encourage you to let His Word shape your prayers for your children. Whether they are young or adult children, put their names in these verses to personalize them and pray them with confidence and hope:
“For I know the plans I have for you,”says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. You will find Me when you seek Me, if you look for Me in earnest” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)
- That they would be “taught of the Lord” and great will be their peace (Isaiah 54:13)
- That they would hide His Word in their hearts (Psalm 119:11)
- That God would fill them with the knowledge of His will so they can walk in a way that’s pleasing to Him and their life will bear fruit (Col. 1:9)
- That their hearts would be flooded with light so they could understand the wonderful future God has promised to those He called (Ephesians 1:17-19)
- That they would trust in the Lord with all their hearts and not lean on their own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- That they would not worry or be afraid but pray about everything, and the peace of God would guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-9)
- That God’s favor would surround them like a shield whether at school or work (Psalm 5:12)
Taken from Cheri Fullerwww.cherifuller.com