Sunday, November 29, 2009

O' where o' where is my litle rain cloud

Been feeling a bit weird lately, as if I am coming down with something......but emotionally.

I think its because that normally this time of the year I get to do lots of non work stuff and I cant do this right now.I am a home girl and enjoy pottering around the house, doing "nesting" things. I enjoy making the kids rooms look extra tidy, straightening out their book shelves,  clearing out all the old toys and putting them aside for the community cause box, fiddling in the garden and just taking time off to be by myself.

I love my work, especially being able to  run it from home, but at the moment it seems as if its a huge weight on my shoulders. I have an assistant who comes in three times a week to help me with the admin, which is great, but it also means that I need to be here.

I am also in the thick of self pity. I feel like a complete spare wheel regarding our ladies group. We met again yesterday. I was supposed to be an assistant leader and our lovely leader was very competent and didn't need me the entire year. Picture the donkey in the opening scene of Shrek, jumping up and down constantly saying pick me, pick me, pick me.......









Now picture Eeyore.



Told you I was feeling sorry for myself. I sound like a teenager!!

2 comments:

Terry said...

We all have times in our lives just like this. This is when you look to Jesus who loves you no matter how you feel. You are of great importance to Him your children and your husband. Like the old song goes, "Momma said there'd be days like this there'd be days like this my momma said"!
Look up your future is bright!!!!
Have a great day Karen.

sister sheri said...

Oh my word! At least you have the guts to admit it! I soooo could write the same post, but you did such an elegant job, so...

DITTO!