Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday is a great day to reflect on how one's week has been. Its been almost a month since my last post. Work has been so hectic, and as i sit in front of the computer for most of it, I just could not face doing my blog posts as well.

So, as i continue this theme, i am adding the same scripture to this blog:

1 Corinthians:9-26 NIV Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.
 NLT So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing.
Pr 3.6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. 


Sharing some good news, we have finally sold our house. This has been a very hard and stressful time, and the weight of the burden lifted off as if physical weight has been incredible. I truly thank God for being so patient with me, as this has been a test of my faith, hope and strength of character. I think the hardest part was hope, really understanding what it is and how it leads to faith. Also, learning how to forgive myself for making  a financial mistake was hard as we almost were in the situation of having two homes and thus two bonds.

A few weeks before hand I  had signed up for "Ancient Paths, financial seminar", which could not have come at a better time. Learning about the hold mammon has over our lives was really an eye opener, especially in the light of the above situation. I am onto my third month of recording my budget and after next month will be able to sit down and take stock of where I am spending my money and how to go about trimming it.  I am trying hard here.

Jordan had her 5th birthday party yesterday and I have been very careful about my spending for her party. Each child received a party pack, a little bucket with a few sweets and chips and a little toy that was meant for the party. At the end of the day they could go home with the bucket and the toy. We had juice, watermelon, grapes and popcorn on the kids table and of course, the birthday cake a bit later on, and that was it. It was more than enough and i am sure the moms were very grateful that the did not have hyper active sugar ladened kids to take home. There was a water slide that was so much fun and everyone had a great time.
Compared to last year, I did very well on the budget side as I have always over catered. 

My goals for this coming week is to keep getting up early for my quiet time. Last week i didnt manage to do this and i could clearly see the difference and how important it is to start the day with God. 

No comments: