Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas precious ladies


School holidays and Christmas time is a stressful time for me. It mean lots of untidiness  in the house. With a 4 and a 6 yr old, its a constant conveyer belt of clothes, swimming towels and toys everywhere. Even with getting them to help out, its not easy.
We went away last week end and this week we had family here, so for the last few days, I have had a ton of washing to do, not to mention trying to tidy up the garage where tents and camping gear had been ceremoniously dumped.
Today it was vacuuming and moping floors, more clothes washing ( thank heavens for a speed queen), and then the thankless task of folding and packing away. I don't do ironing.We are very fortunate to have a full time maid, or domestic help as its now called as maid is not PC anymore in South Africa, and I appreciate her very much. But its at Christmas time, when she is on leave, that I realise just how hard she works for our family. She is a very quiet lady, and highly efficient and as you can clearly see, I am totally frazzled without here. If it wasn't for my praise and worship cd's that I played over and over again to help me try and not focus totally on the drudgery of house work I would not be sitting here taking a break. I would be sitting under the table with a triple, no make it a quadruple gin and tonic.

So, to all those ladies who are just as frazzled as me, and to those amazing ladies who do this everyday without help, I salute you.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

No comments: