Thursday, June 14, 2012

Defcon 3 child meltdown

 Yes, we are going through one of those parenting times again, except that its so severe that I think we have now escalated into defcon 3.

Here is just a little glimpse into a good part of yesterday.  J decided that every item of her clothing needed to be removed from her cupboards onto her floor. Why, I do not know! I do know that she refused to pick up her clothes and pack them away. Instead of me losing my cool for the umpteenth time that day, I calmly took all her clothes and chucked them into the bath so I could at least walk into her room without falling over and breaking my ankle. She arrived home today to discover, lo and behold there were was something strange going on in her cupboards. In each draw there was a single item of clothes. 1 pair pants, 1 jersey, 1 top, 1 pair of shoes, you get the idea. And so, for the next week or so, that is how it is going to be. I packed all her clothes away into bags and she will not be seeing them until then. Each day the clothes used will be replaced with another single item. Sorry for you if you don't like what mamma has chosen. To bad, so sad!

And yes, the next time you slam the door, you will return to find that there is no bedroom door either! 

1 comment:

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh the joys. Take a deep breath, be calm and know that sweet little one is going to be a strong woman like you one day.