Sunday, November 9, 2008

The pilgrimage

The path I am on is not a new path at all, but in this day and age it seems new as the practices are not very common today.

When I first felt called to prayer, I felt that I was doing something wrong as I wanted to pray in silence, and so I have been lead towards contemplative prayer, which is embracing that silence and learning to Listen to God.

I began to be a regular church goer about 6 yrs ago. I had been brought up a Catholic but when I went to a Charismatic church one day, I felt as if I had truly "come home". I loved the vibrancy of the worship and the pastors where so down to earth and real. Under this church I have grown to know and love the Lord with all my heart.

Now, as I am being called to stillness, meditation, fasting and other old disciplines, I wonder am I being lead way from the Charismatic, or am I meant to embrace both?

Last night I prayed that I would have the strength to go to church today. I woke up tired, but not exhausted, so I am thrilled. I want to meet God today. I want to go with a sense of expectation, expecting........

No comments: