Saturday, November 29, 2008

A shitty Christian

I was really bothered on Thursday. A friend came around to visit and while she was there she got a call saying that another friends son had just tragically died. He was taking pictures on the railway line and was hit by the train.

She was really upset by the news. The worst part was that I was so unsympathetic. I have no idea what was wrong with me. I could not comfort her at all, and that is so unlike me! When she left she asked me to please pray for the family. Now as a Christian, I should have been the one to offer to pray, not the other way around.

That evening, in my quiet time of worship. I spoke to the Lord about this, and this cold hearted spirit that I had towards this situation. I could not even pray in words for the bereaved family, and so I prayed in the spirit as I still had no feelings.

It really upset me as to why I would be like this.

Anyone felt like this, or can offer some sane advice?

No comments: