Saturday, November 29, 2008

Alone in the forest and other visions


I kinda feel like I have entered a desert phase again. Up until last week, I had the joy of the Lord literally bubbling from within. My heart skipped, leaped and hopped at life and I could just praise and give thanks to the Lord for every little thing that came my way.

Then suddenly, Bham, stone cold silence. My prayer life has dried up, my little conversations with God are one way and their ain't no joy from this sister!
I have been asking the Lord if its sin that has closed the door, and still the silence.

Last night I was struggling to sleep. I normally do a relaxation technique to help me where I picture a long corridor with lots of doors. As you walk along the corridor you put all your worries, thoughts etc in the rooms, close the door and relax until all the doors are closed. Normally by the end I am peaceful and ready to sleep. However this time, when I got to the end of the corridor, I was suddenly in a forest. I was alone and I was a little child. A rider on a horse came along. It was Jesus. He got off his horse and just hugged me. He hugged me for a long time, then picked me up on the horse and showed me a beautiful horizon scene. Then I was put down in the forest and off He sped on His horse.

This experience left me so tired that I fell asleep very quickly. I have no idea what this means. Was the forest the "desert". Did the hug mean I am with you and you are loved (as I felt very loved). Did the horizon mean that that He was showing me the future and it will get better? And then I was left alone. Does this mean yep, your staying in the desert?The second one recent one I wanted to share was that I was in a dry river bed. I was an elephant and I had to dig deep down to get the water. I asked the Lord to please show me what this meant. The Lord clearly said that I was not to go find another watering hole, but to stay and dig in this dry bed. As I dug I got a little bit of water, and then it disappeared and so I had to keep digging and digging.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Karen-When God had the children of Israel wondering in the wilderness, they began to grumble because they were hungry so God fed them manna. In Deuteronomy; 8:3Mosesw tells them, (So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD.)

Terry